eBenefits (www.ebenefits.va.gov) is a joint VA/DoD Web portal that provides self-service capabilities to Veterans, Service members, their families, and caregivers. The site provides a secure, single, personalized online point of entry to access numerous VA and DoD applications and services and offers access to over 50 self-service tools (through online transactions, without needing to call or visit VA). It is a major asset to Veterans managing their disability claims.
Here are the top ten features of eBenefits for veterans:
Access & Download VA Documents:
- Home Loan Certificate of Eligibility (COE)–Veterans and Servicemembers can generate and print their Certificate of Eligibility for a VA Guaranteed Loan.
- Preference Letters– Veterans can create VA letters for a variety of purposes, including Civil Service Preference, Commissary (DoD Identification Card), Service Verification, and Benefit Verification. The letter templates automatically include the user’s name and current Compensation and Pension address
Access & Download Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) – including DD Form-214
Apply for Benefits
- Where applicable, users can apply for Compensation, Pension, Education, Burial and Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment(VR&E) Benefits online through the Veterans Online Application(VONAPP)
Review claims and appeal status
- Veterans and Service members can view the status of their claims/appeal.
Order Medical Equipment
- Veterans can place online orders for prosthetic socks and hearing aid batteries.
Search for Representatives
- Search for and print detailed information on accredited Attorneys, accredited Claims Agents, and Veterans Service Organizations. Users can also download and print representative appointment forms.
View VA Payment History
- Monitor VA Compensation and Pension, Education, and Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E) benefits payments.
Premium Access to Specialty Adapted Housing Grant Application and Claim Status
- Apply online for a Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) Grant. Users can also check the status of SAH-related claims.
Access VHA Medical Records Through MyHealthEVet & Secure Provider Messaging
- View your medical records from VA facilities and you can also message your doctors through secure messaging offered through MyHealthEVet site.
Use The Benefits Explorer
- Allows users to interact with a display that presents benefit information at different stages in their career or personal life-cycle. View a personalized list of possible benefits based on their eBenefits profile and allows them to fine-tune the results to suit their needs.
If you don’t have an ebenefits account get one today! Signup is simple so use these features to your advantage!